Westchester County Airport Information
Westchester County Airport (IATA: HPN) is a public airport located in the towns of Harrison, North Castle and Rye in Westchester County, New York, United States. It is approximately 3 nautical miles (5.56 km) northeast of the central business district of White Plains, New York.
Westchester County Airport was originally built during World War II in 1942 as a home to an Air National Guard unit to protect New York City. In May 1983, with the quick growth of the suburban area in Westchester, the Guard unit was moved to Stewart International Airport further to the north near Newburgh.
Westchester County Airport has one relatively small three-level terminal with six gate spaces (A,B,C,F,G,H) of which only four may be used, except early in the morning and late at night, when all six may be used.
Here are some of the major Airlines that service Westchester County Airport:
- American Eagle
- AirTran Airways
- Cape Air
- Delta Connection operated by Comair
- Delta Connection operated by Mesaba Airlines
- Delta Connection operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines
- Delta Connection operated by Pinnacle Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- United Express operated by Colgan Air
- United Express operated by SkyWest Airlines
- United Express operated by Shuttle America
- US Airways Express operated by Air Wisconsin
- US Airways Express operated by Piedmont Airlines
- US Airways Express operated by PSA Airlines
This information was source by Wikipedia at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westchester_County_Airport